Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Entering Israeli air space

Flying to Israel is different than going anywhere else in the world. There are extra screenings, there are extra restrictions on what can be brought on board and the security is like no other. One of the most unique features is that within Israeli air space you are required to stay in your seat. You can not move around the plane and can not use the restroom. The plane can not land if that security has been broken in the 30 minutes before landing. The crews take this very seriously and enforce it 100%.

For some passengers this is an annoyance, for me it is a moment I look forward to. It means we are close and soon Tel Aviv will come into view. I know my routine, when they give the warning that we are 30 minutes from Israel it is time to change back to street clothes, brush my hair and teeth and pack up all my sleep stuff. It is the sign that I am home!!!!

The pilot just made that precious announcement. I feel that rush of adrenaline I always do. I love that for as often I get to visit lately, it never feels routine or boring. Coming back here still holds the magic and charm and excitement it did on my first trip years ago.

Every time I make this approach it reminds me how grateful I am to those who live in Israel, who defend Israel and who make sure that those of us in the diaspora have this home to come back to!

Am Yisrael Chai!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment